Saturday 27 August 2016

NATHANIEL BASSEY

Pastor Nathaniel Bassey speaking
At the Port-harcourt music Ministers
Conference
I'll never forget my first encounter with his song, "Someone's knocking at the door". My mom loved it back then when I was home. It was simple and very sublime with the cool voice which started the song and the lovely violinist that played the intro. I was knocked off my high horse when I then heard "Book of life".
It was out of this world as I was humbled by the lyrics. I remember playing it over and over in my hostel room that my roomies had to tell me, 'o boy e don do na'. From then on, I knew I'd come in contact with someone different when it came to gospel music. He came at a time when all we had left in gospel music was shifting to 'bless me', 'give me' and 'I don blow na Jehovah'. And he has been a blessing since he came.

I call him the Don Moen of Nigeria. My very first encounter with Nath was in 2012, "Come and See" hosted by JCCF, Uniport. O my God, the Holy Spirit sang through him. I'd never forget his first comment when he came on stage. Amidst the screams and euphoria from the students, he said and I quote him, "God if all that noise was for me, Father I return the glory back to you...". There was this silence at the convocation arena. Obviously, this guy is not from this side of the world where men seek for themselves glory, than God's glory. That night he sang a song I recorded on my phone, he sang, "I don't need a mighty Orchestra to offer me that praise, you get all of heaven's attention, when you worship me alone..." then he blew his sweet trumpet. Haba! I was on fire with the lyrics and it climaxed when he sang, "Heart of worship". I stopped recording and flowed in the spirit.

My second encounter was this year at Afy Douglas' Port-harcourt music Ministers conference. He almost didn't make it but gosh I was so excited to be seated right in front of a great worshipper when he finally arrived! He spoke more than a singer, he spoke as a man who had encountered the power of God and was walking in it! I left that hall fully equipped with a mindset to get God first and every other thing was secondary.

My third encounter? I'm going to meet him in the flesh and discuss Kingdom matters over a cup of tea and I bet you I'll have picture evidence of that meeting. God will bring us together sooner than we all think, even myself.

NATHANIEL BASSEY celebrates his birthday on this day and I wish him all the best. He's married with kids and his ministry keeps growing from glory to glory... 

From the KTF Team, we wish you all the best Sir! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share always

Breaking News: The Lord's Chosen Pastor's First son marries on low key

Probably the biggest story this year. The son of the Pastor of the fastest growing church in Africa and arguably the world, Pastor Joshua...